Friday, February 3, 2012

Weight and See

So as you may recall from some earlier posts, I finally got Clare to start going with me to aerobics. Getting her there was something close to waging strategic warfare with a very cunning enemy, but I’m stubborn and insisted she give it a try.

Turns out, she really got into it and, lo and behold, has kept up with it after all these weeks. To keep us motivated between classes (and to help burn off a few extra pounds I just knew we would put on over the holidays), I bought her (us) a Wii system for Christmas, along with the balance board, Wii Fit and Wii Active discs. If you could have seen her face when she opened that box! It was clear she was hoping for something, well let’s just say, more like a huge box of chocolates.

We tried out the Wii Fit routine for the first time the day after Christmas (hey, I’m not that much of a Grinch that I would make her do it on Christmas Day, but I really tempted to try it on my own). One of the groups of exercises center around different yoga moves. While we both were pretty good at doing things like the “Sun Salutation” maneuver, we still have some work to do with others, especially the “Downward Facing Dog.” Man, I thought I was pretty limber, but that one is a killer. Clare was cursing up a storm because she couldn’t get her weight distributed evenly between her hands and feet. Sort of messes up the whole Zen-like mode, you know what I mean?

Anyway, I’ll keep you posted on how we get on. In the meantime, breath in, breath out, and say “Ommmmm.”

No comments:

Post a Comment